Easter Grass Slaw
Chopped apple and shredded carrot add pretty color to this swift salad that uses packaged coleslaw mix to save time. A creamy dressing nicely coats the crunchy combination.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl,
- combine the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over
- the cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until
Nutrition Facts: One 1-cup (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise) equals 123 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 564 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fruit.