Easter Basket Cake
For a festive cake all of your guests will be impressed with at your Easter gathering, try this recipe. It is so easy but looks like you fussed.Mary Kay Morris, Cokato, Minnesota
10-12 ServingsPrep: 1 hour Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3 cups of white frosting
- 3 drops of green food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon of water
- 2 cups of flaked coconut
- Jelly beans, marshmallow Peeps and chocolate kisses (or the candy of your choice)
- Cover the serving board with gift wrap, taping the wrap on the back
- side of the board. Cover the wrapped board with clear cellophane in
- the same way. Set the board aside.
- Using two 9-in. round baking pans, prepare and bake the cake
- according to the package directions. Cool cakes for 10 minutes
- before removing from the pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place on cake in the center of the covered serving board. Spread the
- top of the cake with frosting.
- Cut a 6-in. circle from the center of the second cake. Remove the
- center circle and set aside for another use. Place the cake ring on
- top of the frosted cake layer, creating the basket. Frost top and
- sides of basket.
- For the handle, cover the 14-in. x 3/4-in. strip of lightweight
- cardboard with plastic wrap. Bend the cardboard strip into an