Dutch Baby Tropicale
A simple but impressive breakfast, a Dutch baby is a cross between a pancake, soufflé and an omelet. The eggy batter puffs up golden brown.Cindy Rappuhn, Startup, Washington
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 1 medium papaya, peeled and sliced
- Lime wedges, optional
- In a blender, combine the eggs, milk and flour; cover and process
- just until smooth. Place cubed butter in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish. Place in a 425° oven for 5 minutes or until melted.
- Pour batter into hot dish. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes or until puffy
- and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, for filling, melt butter in a large skillet. Add bananas
- and papaya. Cook over medium heat until tender, stirring frequently.
- Spoon into Dutch Baby. Serve immediately with lime wedges. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 268 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 166 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium,