"These tasty sandwiches are great for lunches since they reheat well in the microwave," explains Roseann Loker, field editor from Vicksburg, Michigan.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 12 hot dogs
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in
- shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk
- just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10-12 times. Roll into a 13-in.
- circle. Brush with butter; sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Cut
- into 12 wedges. Place hot dogs at wide end of wedges and roll up.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet with point down. Bake at 425°
- for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 318 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 693 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.