"My grandchildren love these cream-filled cupcakes," relates Dorothy Bahlmann of Clarksville, Iowa. "They're a special treat yet easy to make. And they keep nicely in the refrigerator."
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, optional
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes. Fill
- paper-lined muffin cups half full. In a large bowl, beat cream
- cheese and sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and salt until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips and coconut if desired.
- Drop about 2 teaspoonfuls of cream cheese mixture into the center of
- each cupcake. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cake
- springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes before
- removing from pans to wire racks. Store in the refrigerator. Yield:
- about 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cupcake equals 155 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.