Need something sweet after dinner? Use up leftover cake doughnuts and cream cheese in this recipe. If you don't have lemon curd, use a teaspoon of lemon extract in the frosting and any other preserves that you have on hand.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon curd
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 plain cake doughnuts
- 2 tablespoons blueberry preserves
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, lemon curd and sugar until
- smooth. Cut doughnuts in half horizontally. Spread bottom halves
- with cream cheese mixture; replace tops. Drizzle with preserves.
- Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cake (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese and blueberry spreadable fruit; calculated without whipped cream) equals 355 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 384 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.