My younger brother and I share a passion for candy making. This smooth and creamy fudge from a co-worker of mine features the classic combination of peanut butter and chocolate.
117 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2-2/3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 2-2/3 cups vanilla or white chips
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with butter;
- set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, melt the milk chocolate chips,
- 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1 tablespoon shortening over low heat;
- cook and stir constantly until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt the vanilla chips, the remaining
- peanut butter and shortening at 70% power for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until
- Spread evenly over the chocolate layer. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or
- until firm. Using the foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off
- the foil; cut into 1-in. squares. Yield: About 2-1/2 pounds.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 56 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.