Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
"Combining two great flavors makes these moist muffins doubly good," suggests Donna Brockett, from Kingfisher, Oklahoma.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/3 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl,
- combine bananas, oil and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until
- moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined
- muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes
- or until muffins test done. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 277 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.