Double Chip Cookies
"These soft, yummy cookies were an instant hit the first time I made them," writes Lori Daniels from her Elkins, West Virginia kitchen.
60 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the peanut butter, shortening and brown sugar
- until light and fluffy. Add egg; mix well. Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed
- mixture and mix well. Stir in the chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 10 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 80 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium,