Double Chili Cheese Dip
"This rich and zesty dip for tortilla chips can be made in a jiffy when the munchies strike," reports Linda Keller of Sylvania, Ohio. "My husband and I often have it as a late-night snack after the kids are all in bed."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (14.3 ounces) turkey chili without beans
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, optional
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Spread cream cheese into a 9-in. pie plate or quiche dish that has
- been coated with cooking spray. Top with chili, onions, chilies and
- olives if desired. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is
- melted. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (calculated without olives and tortilla chips) equals 189 calories, 14 g fat (0 saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 502 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 meat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.