Double Blueberry Pie
Blueberry lovers are sure to enjoy this mouthwatering deep-dish pie.Jay Holzworth, Murray, Utah
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and extract until
- smooth. Spread over the bottom of pastry shell.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, water and lemon juice
- until smooth. Mash 2 cups blueberries and add to the pan. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from
- the heat; cool for 15 minutes.
- Stir in sugar substitute. Spoon over cream cheese layer. Top with the
- remaining blueberries. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One piece equals 231 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,