I CAME UP with this recipe when looking for a different way to use leftover baked potatoes.
I wanted to do something besides simply frying them or making potato salad, so I found a recipe and added some of my own ingredients. These are the tasty results. Leonora Wilkie
2 ServingsPrep: 70 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 medium baking potatoes (1 to 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 teaspoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped tomato, optional
- Bake potatoes at 425° for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Allow to
- cool to the touch. In a bowl, combine sour cream, milk, salt and
- Parmesan cheese. Cut a thin slice off the top of potatoes; carefully
- scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell. Mash pulp with sour cream
- mixture; stuff shells. Sprinkle with bacon and cheddar cheese. Bake
- at 325° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Top with tomato
- if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 323 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 352 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.