Double-Baked Mashed Potatoes
Dress up an all-time favorite comfort food with savory fixings. This is an easy recipe that delivers big flavor. Better still, you can effortlessly double or triple it for a crowd. —Anna Mayer, Fort Branch, Indiana
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Add the sour cream, milk, butter and
- 1 cup cheese. Stir in the onion, bacon, salt and pepper. Spoon into
- a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated
- though. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 363 calories, 21 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 537 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.