Dogs in a Sweater
For a new twist on an old favorite, try these skewered hot dogs wrapped with breadstick dough and baked. They're fun to dip in ketchup, mustard or ranch dressing. The dressed-up dog recipe comes kid-tested from the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 12 Popsicle sticks
- 12 hot dogs
- Ketchup, mustard and/or ranch dressing
- Separate breadstick dough; roll each piece into a 15-in. rope. Insert
- a Popsicle stick into each hot dog lengthwise. Starting at one end,
- wrap dough in a spiral around hot dog; pinch ends to seal.
- Place 1 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake
- at 350° for 18-20 minutes. Serve with condiments of your choice.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 257 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 751 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, General Number g fiber, 8 g protein.