Dixie Herb Rub
My husband loves it when I season chicken with this flavorful blend, but it's also good with beef and pork. We like to slice the leftover meat for sandwiches the next day.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 tablespoon each dried basil, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in a covered
- container. Rub over poultry or meat before grilling, baking or
- broiling. Yield: 1/3 cup.
Nutrition Facts: 1 teaspoon equals 4 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.