"A touch of chocolate makes these classics stand out on the holiday cookie tray," Karen Bourne, field editor from Magrath, Alberta. "They're a tradition at our home for Christmas."
15 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + chilling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, almonds, sugar and vanilla until
- blended. Gradually add flour and cornstarch and mix well. Roll into
- 1-in. balls; shape into crescents and place on greased baking
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool
- completely on wire racks.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip
- one end of each crescent into chocolate; allow excess to drip off.
- Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Decorate as desired.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 130 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium,