Dilly Veggie Pizza
This is one of my favorite ways to use up leftover chopped veggies, or start new ones! It's a cinch to prepare and you can change the mixture to match your kids' taste buds. Always popular at special events, it tastes just as good the next day. -Heather Ahrens, Columbus, Ohio
15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable dill dip
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle. Press onto the bottom
- of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; seal seams. Bake at 375°
- for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire
- Spread dip over crust; sprinkle with the carrots, broccoli, tomatoes,
- onions and olives. Cut into squares. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield:
- 15 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 225 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 290 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.