Dilly Salad Croutons
"These quick croutons make the ideal salad-topper . For a fun snack, you can serve them with a low-fat dip, too," suggests Gerry Vail of Connersville, Indiana.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups cubed French bread
- Garlic-flavored nonstick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon butter-flavored sprinkles
- Place bread in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spray evenly
- with cooking spray; sprinkle with dill and butter-flavored
- sprinkles. Bake at 300° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown,
- turning once. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 53 calories, 1 g fat (0.55 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.