Dilled Tuna Sandwiches
Fishing for a better-tasting tuna sandwich? Sue Gronholz of Beaver Dam, Wisconsin puts pizzazz in her tuna salad by adding dill weed, carrot and onion. "My family loves tuna salad sandwiches, and this recipe is their favorite," writes Sue.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 3 English muffins, split and toasted
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices reduced-fat process American cheese product
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, dill weed, sugar and
- pepper until smooth. Stir in the tuna, carrot and onion. Top each
- English muffin half with a lettuce leaf, cheese and 1/2 cup tuna
- mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 open-faced sandwich equals 182 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 636 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.