In Penfield, Pennsylvania, Kathy Preiss uses baby portobello mushrooms and a hint of dill for a special touch in her creamy stroganoff. Served with whole wheat pasta, it makes a rich medley in no time.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1/3 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3/4 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey and onion
- over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the water,
- ketchup, dill, bouillon and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Drain pasta; serve
- with turkey mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup meat mixture with 2/3 cup pasta equals 363 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 24 g protein.