Dilled Peas with Walnuts
“This simple yet delicious side dish is a family favorite,” says Kristen Johnson of Aloha, Oregon. Dill, onion and walnut dress up bright green peas without overpowering them.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- In a small saucepan, combine peas and onion. Cover with water. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until
- peas are tender. Drain.
- Stir in the butter, dill, salt and pepper; heat through. Sprinkle
- with walnuts. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 109 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.