THIS RECIPE is as simple as it is delicious. I tried it the first year I had an herb garden, when I was looking for recipes that called for fresh herbs.
The noodles are compatible with many main dishes, even hot dogs and hamburgers.
-Anna Prenni, Saltsburg, Pennsylvania
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 1 to 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain noodles; add to
- cottage cheese mixture and toss gently. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 169 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 501 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.