Dilled Corn and Peas
Celebrate the harvest seasons with this striking combination of crisp colorful vegetables. Seasoned with dill, butter, salt and pepper, it's an easy but impressive addition to any meal.
Marlene Muckenhirn, Delano, Minnesota
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen sugar snap peas
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place the peas, corn, red pepper and water in large saucepan; cover
- and cook over high heat for 2-4 minutes or until vegetables are
- crisp-tender; drain. Add the butter, dill, salt if desired and
- pepper; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with margarine and without salt) equals 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat; also, 84 calories, 20 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 16 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm protein, 2 gm fat.