Most people don't think of pairing dill and carrots. But my family agrees that dill adds a nice tang to this slightly sweet vegetable. An herb that is easy to grow, dill also looks lovely in the garden.Verona Koehlmoos, Pilger, Nebraska
3-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 to 3 cups sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a saucepan, cook carrots in a small amount of water until
- crisp-tender; drain. Add remaining ingredients. Cook over low heat
- for 1 to 2 minutes or until hot. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 71 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.