Dill Green Beans
I love this healthful alternative to salty munchies like potato chips. The steamed beans are addictive and easy. —Allison Gray, Freeport, Maine
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, optional
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in.
- of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or until
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, dill and
- sesame seeds if desired. Transfer beans to a serving bowl. Add
- vinegar mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated without sesame seeds) equals 48 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.