Dijon Tartar Sauce
Fat-free mayonnaise mixed only with pickle relish seemed so tasteless, so I began experimenting and came up with my own recipe for tartar sauce. It adds lots of flavor to fish, but a few calories.
Kristen Flaherty of South Portland, Maine
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Store in the refrigerator for
- up to 1 week. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (2 tablespoons) equals 31 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 392 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.