Dijon-Peach Pork Chops
"This is a dish I invented one night when I was missing half the ingredients for a pork chop recipe I planned to make," recalls Debbie Liberton of Boerne, Texas. The moist chops are swiftly simmered on the stove along with canned peaches, mustard and cloves.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, undrained
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops over
- medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side. Stir in the remaining
- ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10
- minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 360 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 456 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.