Dijon Glazed Carrots
Honey sweetened carrots spiced with Dijon mustard and ginger. Brought to you by dLife®
4 ServingsPrep:10 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1 lb medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 ounces honey
- 1/4 teaspoons white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- Steam the carrot slices in water until crisp-tender, about 10
- minutes, or cook in the microwave, and drain the cooking liquid.
- In a medium pan fitted with steamer basket, cook carrots over water
- for 10 minutes or until crisp tender. Remove carrots to serving
- bowl. Drain liquid.
- Return saucepan to low heat and melt margarine. Add mustard, honey,
- pepper, and ginger, stirring until mixed.
- Pour sauce over carrots, and toss gently to coat. Serve.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 61 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 164 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/4 vegetable, 1/2 fat.