Dijon Crumb Chicken
Bold flavored ingredients make this meal one to remember, and one to crave later! It's delightfully crunchy and hints lightly of Dijon mustard and Parmesan cheese. Ann Wilson - Holland, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and mustard. In another shallow bowl,
- combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, onion powder and garlic
- powder. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Dip chicken in egg
- mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 15-20
- minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is golden brown,
- turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 414 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 177 mg cholesterol, 853 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.