Dijon Chicken with Grapes
This deliciously different entree features sweet grapes in a creamy Dijon sauce served atop golden chicken breast halves. The quick-to-fix main course comes from Margaret Wilson of Hemet, California.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup refrigerated nondairy creamer
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 3/4 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken
- in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat
- thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add creamer to the skillet; cook over medium-low heat, stirring to
- loosen browned bits from pan. Whisk in mustard until blended. Add
- grapes; cook and stir until heated through. Serve with chicken.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 224 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.