Diabetic Orange Cookies
These good-for-you cookies have a wonderful citrus flavor and just the right amount of natural sweetness. You'll find they appeal to everyoneeven to folks who aren't on restricted diets.Ginette Martino, Deltona, Florida
15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil spread
- 1/3 cup chopped raisins
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a medium cowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in vegetable
- oil spread until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in raisins.
- Add egg substitute and orange juice; mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Flatten with a fork dipped in flour. Bake at 375° for 13-15
- minutes. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (2 cookies) equals 102 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.