Deviled Crab Dip
Because blue crabs are so plentiful in Maryland, we're always looking for new ways to enjoy them. This recipe is easy, elegant and delicious!
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons each finely chopped celery, green pepper and onion
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- Assorted fresh vegetables or assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, celery, green pepper, onion,
- lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, lemon-pepper and
- pepper sauce. Stir in crab. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1
- hour. Serve with vegetables or crackers. Yield: about 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 230 calories, 22 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.