Devil's Food Cookies
Most people don’t realize that these cookies are low in fat. You actually get more than 2 dozen of the treats from a cake mix and just four other common ingredients. —Melanie Van Den Brink of Rock Rapids, Iowa
28 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, butter and water (batter
- will be thick). Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with
- cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10-13 minutes or until set and
- edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to
- wire racks. Yield: 28 cookies.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 105 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.