Denver Omelet Pie
"My family requests this hearty breakfast pie quite often," writes Barbara Nowakowski of North Tonawanda, New York. "It's very easy to make with frozen hash browns, looks pretty garnished with tomato slices and tastes absolutely delicious."
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, onion powder, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the potatoes, cheese, ham and green pepper.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 40-45
- minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Garnish with tomato slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 201 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 235 mg cholesterol, 463 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.