Deluxe Scrambled Eggs
Corn, peppers, zucchini and green onions add fresh flavor and color to these dill-seasoned eggs shared by Diane Hixon. "They're great for brunch or served as a nice light supper," suggests the cook from Niceville, Florida.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup each chopped green onions, zucchini, green pepper and sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, saute the onions, zucchini and peppers in oil for
- 5-6 minutes until vegetable are tender. Stir in the corn, salt and
- dill. Add eggs; sprinkle with cheese. Cook and stir gently over
- medium heat until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 329 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 455 mg cholesterol, 600 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.