Packed with fresh-veggie goodness and topped with sour cream, Jennifer Parham’s thrifty, delicious nachos delight family and friends in Browns Summit, North Carolina.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) tortilla chips
- 2 to 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 to 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a small saucepan, combine soup and salsa; heat through. Arrange
- tortilla chips on two serving platters; top with soup mixture.
- Sprinkle with the tomatoes, peppers, onions and olives. Top with
- sour cream. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 296 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 657 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.