Deluxe Mashed Potatoes
THIS IS one of my favorite side dishes because it can be made ahead, refrigerated and then popped into the oven just prior to dinnertime.
When my grandchildren come for dinner, I have to double this recipe. They love it!
-Vivian Bailey, Cedar Falls, Iowa
4-6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 to 5 large potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 3/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Paprika, optional
- Peel and cube the potatoes; place in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Cook over medium heat until tender; drain. Mash until smooth (do not
- add milk or butter). Stir in cream cheese, sour cream, chives, onion
- salt and pepper. Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Dot
- with butter; sprinkle with paprika if desired. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 301 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.