Deep-Fried Cheese Bites
Cheese curds or cubes dipped in flour and beer, then fried, lack only a good supply of crinkly toothpicks to turn them into a vanishing act. —Katie Rose, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 pound cheese curds or cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 cup beer
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Place 1/4 cup flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add cheese
- curds, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk beer and remaining flour. Dip
- cheese curds, a few at a time, into batter and fry for 2-3 minutes
- on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 12
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 257 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein.