These spooky-looking appetizers are the perfect balance between sweet and salty. They are easy to serve and hold, making it a good hand-held appetizer. Shape the dates as round as you can.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Dash salt
- 15 large unpitted dates
- 15 hazelnuts, toasted and peeled (about 1/2 cup)
- In a small bowl, beat cheeses until smooth. Add cream and salt; mix
- well. Cut a small hole in the corner of a plastic bag; fill bag with
- cheese mixture.
- Cut a 1-in. slit along the length of each date; discard pit. Fill
- with cheese mixture; top with a hazelnut. Repeat. Yield: 15 stuffed
Nutrition Facts: 1 stuffed date equals 109 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.