- Remove waxed paper; spread with date mixture. Tightly roll up each
- portion jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; wrap in plastic
- wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on greased
- baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container at room
- temperature, or freeze for up to 3 months. Yield: 16 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 43 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.