Date Nut Log
My mother served this dessert one year after a big holiday meal. We all thought it was delicious. Since then I've made it for various clubs that meet with dessert on their minds!
-Carla Hodenfield, Ray, North Dakota
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, divided
- 24 large marshmallows, snipped
- 8 ounces dates, chopped
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a bowl, combine 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs, marshmallows,
- dates and walnuts. Stir in cream; mix thoroughly. Shape into a
- 14-in. x 3-in. log. Roll in remaining crumbs.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap or foil. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or
- overnight. Slice; garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield:
- 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 384 calories, 23 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.