Dark Chocolate Orange Truffles
I love chocolate truffles, so you can imagine my delight when I came across the recipe for these dark and decadent confections. The hint of orange makes them deliciously different from other candies.Theresa Young, McHenry, Illinois
33 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (12 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Gradually stir in
- cream until blended. Stir in extract. Cool to room temperature,
- stirring occasionally. Refrigerate until firm. Shape into 3/4-in.
- balls. Roll in sugar. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 truffle equals 82 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.