Dark Chocolate Fondue
Savor all the decadence without a lick of guilt! We kept all the velvety, melt-in-your-mouth texture of fudgy fondue in this lusciously lighter version. It's just the thing to kindle romantic after-dinner conversation or welcome friends in from the cold. Dark Chocolate Fondue also makes a delectable way to dress up chunks of pineapple, slices of banana or scoops of fat-free frozen yogurt. —T
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 dark chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- 3 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Cubed angel food cake and assorted fresh fruit
- In a small saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a
- boil over medium-high heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until
- thickened. Reduce heat to low. Stir in chocolate and corn syrup.
- Cook and stir until melted.
- Transfer to a small fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with cake cubes
- and fruit. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without cake and fruit) equals 154 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.