- Fold widthwise into thirds. Roll out into a 12-in. x 6-in.
- rectangle. Fold into thirds. Repeat rolling and folding twice. Wrap
- in waxed paper; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll into a 24-in. x 5-in. rectangle.
- In a small bowl, beat almond paste and remaining butter; beat until
- smooth. Spread lengthwise down the center of dough. Fold dough over
- filling to cover; pinch to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Shape into a pretzel. Flatten lightly with a rolling pin. Cover and
- let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Brush egg white over dough. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs and almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully
- remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 121 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.