Danish Apricot Bars
"These fruity bars hold up well packed in lunches," remarks field editor Verona Koehlmoos of Pilger, Nebraska.
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and butter. Add egg and
- milk; mix well. press into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Spread with preserves; set aside. In a bowl, cream butter and
- sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in coconut. Carefully
- spread over preserves. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until
- a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1-1/2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 203 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.