Dairy State Fudge
I grew up on a dairy farm in Wisconsin, so it's only natural I have a lot of recipes that use dairy ingredients. Our farm also had a lot of hickory trees, so we always made this fudge with hickory nuts. I make this candy nearly every Christmas. You'll find it's hard to eat just one piece.
64 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, walnuts or hickory nuts
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy; set aside. In the top of a
- double boiler, melt butter. Add almond bark; heat and stir until
- melted and smooth.
- Pour over the cream cheese; beat until smooth and glossy, about 7-10
- minutes. Stir in nuts. Pour into a greased 9-in. square pan. Store
- in the refrigerator. Yield: 64 pieces (about 1 inch).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 108 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.