You definitely need a knife and fork to dig into these piled-high burgers. They make a tasty luncheon meal. - Ruby Berry, Brandenton, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- Shape beef into four patties. Broil 4-in. from the heat or cook in a
- large skillet over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until
- a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear; drain.
- Spread coleslaw dressing over bread. Top each slice with a beef
- patty, bacon, cheese, tomato, onion, two cucumber slices, pickle and
- olive. Secure with a toothpick. Serve with additional salad dressing
- if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Vary the flavor of Dagwood Burgers by combining different salad dressings and cheese. For instance, pair Thousand Island with Swiss, ranch with American or creamy Italian with mozzarella.