- until foamy. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until
- soft peaks form. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; fold
- into egg white mixture. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat egg yolks and water until thick and
- lemon-colored. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt;
- gradually beat into egg yolk mixture. Beat in vanilla.
- Alternately spoon yellow batter and white batter into an ungreased
- 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Immediately
- invert pan; cool completely.
- For frosting, combine the sugar, flour and salt in a small saucepan.
- Stir in pineapple juice until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool. Fold in whipped
- Remove cake from pan to a serving plate. Spread frosting over top and
- sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 255 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.