Dad's Best Barbecue
Whenever I prepare this great chicken, I fondly remember my father. He would make his "famous" chicken frequently for picnics and other functions.
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 1 hour
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 4-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Reserve 1 cup
- for basting chicken; cover. Pour remaining marinade over chicken in
- a large roasting pan. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Drain; discard marinade.
- Grill chicken, covered, over low heat, turning and brushing with
- reserved marinade several times, for 60-75 minutes or until juices
- run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.