Curry Scallops and Rice
Buttery scallops, colorful pepper strips and a fast rice mix tinged with curry...what’s not to love about this stress-free main dish? —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6-1/4 ounces) curry rice pilaf mix
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen pepper strips, thawed and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare pilaf mix according to package directions, using 1 tablespoon
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute scallops in remaining butter
- until firm and opaque. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet,
- saute peppers until tender. Stir in the scallops, rice, parsley and
- salt. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 431 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 998 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.